Frequenty Asked Questions
Cutting & Shearing
- How is the plate cut to size?
Stock plates are cut to size using a CNC guillotine.
- What shapes can you cut?
We can cut strips, squares, rectangles, triangles and trimmed combinations of these. We can trim corners for welded plates and gusset pieces.
Irregular shapes are best cut on our Hi-Definition plasma machine. Please contact our sales desk with a drawing for a quotation.
- What will the cut edge be like?
The guillotined edge will be a sheared edge. The metal edges will be sharp and must always be handled with appropriate PPE.
- What material can you cut?
We can cut stainless steel Grade 304/304L and Grade 316/316L.
We can also cut mild steel (carbon steel) S275.
- What is the surface finish to the Grade 304 and Grade 316 material?
Our standard material is 'Hot Rolled and Descaled' mill material. Other surface finishes by arrangement with our Sales Office.
- What thickness can you cut?
We can cut 2mm to 15mm thick material.
- What maximum length can you cut?
The majority of the stock plate that we hold is 3 metres long.
However, for longer material up to 4 metres, please contact our Sales Desk for a quotation.
Folding & Forming
How do you form an angle or channel section?
- Angles, Channels and Zed sections are cold formed (pressformed) on our CNC pressbrake.
- The formed pieces have a sheared edge so must be handled with appropriate PPE.
Can you fold any other shapes?
- Yes, we can fold other shapes for example, trays, upstands and lips.
Please contact our Sales Office with a drawing of your requirements.
Can you supply a copy of the original Mill Test Certificates?
- Daver Steels maintain full traceability of all cut material through their Quality Management System which is approved to ISO 9001.
- If you would like a true certified copy of an original Mill Test Certificate, please request one at order placement and the copy certificate will be despatched with the material.
Can you fabricate and weld?
- Daver Steels are a CE approved fabricator to Execution Class 2 (EXC 2). A copy of our certification is available to download.
- Please contact the sales desk with a drawing of your requirements.
How will the material be packed for despatch?
- All material will be shrink wrapped or cling wrapped for despatch.
- Smaller consignments - less than 20 Kg (or multiples thereof) will be despatched by parcel carrier.
- Larger consignments will be packed on a pallet and despatched by pallet haulier. Please ensure that you have pallet offloading capability.
We punch holes or slots in stainless steel or mild steel plates. The Punched Holes diameter must be greater than the plate thickness. Holes less than the plate thickness must be drilled - please contact the Sales Desk for a price
Delivery and manufacturing lead times. Depending upon the size of the order we aim to despatch goods within 2-5 working days. Carriage cost depends upon the size and weight of the order, and the delivery address postcode.